Reserve a Room
The Clearwater Public Library System maintains meeting room facilities to further the library's mission by facilitating the exchange of diverse information and ideas. The primary purpose of meeting rooms is for library activities, including programs presented by library staff, the city of Clearwater, the Friends of the Library, the Library Foundation and other organizations affiliated with the library or city. When not in use by the library or one of its partners, designated library meeting rooms are available to individuals, community groups, government groups, and registered non-profit organizations. If you have any questions, please call the library at (727) 562-4970 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Under Florida law, information provided to municipalities are public records and may be subject to a public records request.
- Access is provided to the public on equal terms, regardless of the beliefs or affiliations of individuals or groups requesting use. However, commercial and/or for-profit persons, groups or individuals, corporations, or other legal entities may not utilize meeting, study or studio/station spaces. The library retains the right to deny the space to any user whose planned use of the space does not comply with these terms and conditions. Failure to comply with the Meeting and Study Room Policy, Studios/Stations Policy, Code of Conduct, and the Internet Use Policy will result in the loss of room privileges, immediately or in the future, temporarily or permanently as determined by the Library Director or his/her designee.
- Three cancellations or no-shows within a calendar year will result in the forfeiture of room reservation and/or program registration privileges
- Per the library system’s Code of Conduct, consumption of food is allowed only in designated areas. Groups wishing to serve food in a room must get permission at the time of reservation. Covered beverages are permitted, except in Studios/Stations.
- All patrons must check in at the Information/Reference Desk at the beginning of their reservation.
- Groups will be financially responsible for any loss of or damage to the furniture, fixtures, equipment and/or accessories used.
- Access to the reserved room prior to the reservation day/time and any other special requests must be arranged at the time of reservation.
- All users of library spaces must abide by the library's Code of Conduct.
- Scheduling is not complete until the receipt of an email or phone call confirmation.
Meeting Rooms (full policy)
- No group or individual may schedule a meeting more frequently than once a month per facility.
- Meetings must be scheduled at least four (4) days (96 hours) in advance and may be scheduled up to three (3) months in advance.
- Meeting rooms may be used during the library’s open hours only and meetings must be completed one half-hour (30 minutes) before the library closes.
Study Rooms (full policy)
- Rooms may be reserved for a maximum of two (2) consecutive hours and reservations may be made up to seven (7) days in advance.
- Study rooms may be used during the library’s open hours only and use must be completed fifteen (15) minutes before the library closes.
Studios/Stations (full policy)
- Access to Studios/Stations is limited to library operating hours. Individual Studio hours may vary.
- Certain Studios/Stations may be reserved by users for independent use.
- Users must be prepared to present a valid photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport, school ID) in order to confirm their identity when using a reserved Studios/Stations. ID and reservation names must be the same.
- An orientation and training may be required for use of a Studios/Stations and its equipment, tools, supplies and software.
- Persons with a disability may request reasonable accommodations to be able to access the Studios/Stations. Generally, seven (7) day advance notice is required to review reasonable accommodation requests. However, a response to an immediate need for accommodation will be considered to the fullest extent possible.
Click one of the buttons below to get started.